Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jogger's Baked Salmon

Since my parents introduced me to Advocare several months ago, I have been trying to cook more lean meats and veggies.  About a week ago, I found a recipe on cooks.com that turned out just right for our post jog appetite.  We've had it twice now and really liked it!!

Jogger's Baked Salmon

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with olive oil.
Start off with Salmon fillets or steaks, as many as you will need to prepare.
Spread a light coat of mayonnaise over each piece (you cannot taste it once it's cooked).
Sprinkle the following over the fillets:
            garlic powder
            onion powder
            Mrs. Dash
            Paprika
Be generous with all of the spices but add to your own taste.  




Bake for 10 to 20 minutes.  I baked mine between 15 and 17 minutes and they were perfectly done.


 


I had a frozen summer vegetable medley from the frozen veggie aisle at Wal-Mart that I boiled.  Then I added to some cut up green peppers and tomatoes and sauteed all of that for a few minutes in a small amount of olive oil.  I tried sauteing tomatoes for the first time and we both loved the flavor they added to the vegetable mix.     
   



Let me know if you have any tasty fish or chicken recipes or how it goes if you try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment