Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Accessory Awareness

Inspired by a college friend and fellow blogger I decided to post about my jewelry space savers. I had the problem of my jewelry not being easily accessible. These items helped me to have full awareness of my organized accessories so it's easy to wear them more often.

Something like this can be purchased at T.J. Maxx or Marshall's. It has plenty of storage for earrings.
A cork board with some snazzy push pins can do wonders for a mess of necklaces.  I love love love this idea...{for the life of me I can't remember who I got it from, so if you know who you are...thank you and please feel free to comment!!} If you are more creative than I, you can secure fabric over the cork area before you apply the push pins.  You could use fabric that matched the room or give a splash of color to your vanity area.

I've had this little beauty for quite a while. It was a gift from my parents for Christmas when I was in high school.  It holds all kinds of things.  The middle door has a ceiling rack with hooks for bracelets or rings. The floor of it has rows to insert your rings.  I store chunkier bracelets in the drawers.  

The two side doors have hangers on the door and on the inside of the compartment, perfect for necklaces.
 
sorry this pic is darker...with all of the glass the flash seemed blinding.

There you have it...all of my jewelry space savers. 
What are some of your cute and creative organizers?


4 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks, Leslie! I will definitely be putting these ideas to good use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your creativity can spruce them up a little too!! I can't wait to have a house to decorate...our apartment owner just replaced our sea shell wall paper (super ugly) so we're at least moving up even if it's not moving out!! LOL!!

      Delete
  2. I think it may have been Kate and I to give you the fabric idea! We had all of corkboards covered in zebra print fabric when we were suite mates! Remember? Not trying to steal credi t...But please give me credit. hahahaha jk it really was Kate's idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes!! Silly me...how could I forget my lovely suite mates! p.s. you crack me up!!

      Delete