Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Somalian Cuisine

Each day for lunch, we are served a taste of Buffalo. Today we broadened our cuisine horizon with Somalian food. I'm not sure what any of it was called but it tasted good.

My tongue burns when I eat mild salsa so that says it all for my spice tolerance. From what I could tell the breaded triangle pocket was filled with chicken, that had the spiciest kick of all but I could still handle it. There was a spinach chicken dish, French fry looking potatoes but bright red, rice, and a salad with lime slices in it. I really enjoyed the flavorful but mild spice meal.

thanks chefs


Today being 7/11, 7/11 gave out free slurpees. Yay!! We drove up to an inner city (limited parking) 7/11 in our rockin' church bus and were able to get 17 free mini slurpees. Perfect quencher for a day spent out in the sun working hard!!

thanks 7/11!


 

2 comments:

  1. Your lunch looks amazing, and are you serious, free slurpees!? Where am I when all the good stuff happens!?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delish!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete