Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Niagara Wear

We experienced absolutely perfect weather for visiting Niagara Falls, the sun warmed us while a gentle breeze blew to cool us off. I never felt hot or sticky like the humid heat of NC.

I wore a childhood inspired outfit. My family camped/hiked a lot and my dad always preferred - pants with lots of pockets. I thrifted these beauties for a total of $3.50 which included tons of pockets. We're talking pockets inside pockets, zippers, Velcro, hidden pockets, you name it these ultimate hiking shorts have it.

For the Cave of the Winds tour, we all got ponchos and matching sandals. We went right up to the bottom of the American Falls. On the "Hurricane deck", even with all of our gear, we still got drenched from the water gushing down over us. Hearing the rushing water all around us and feeling the blasts of water pelting our bare skin made for an experience we'll never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment