Thursday, March 15, 2012

Leap Blog with H.

Photobucket
Hi Everyone!
My name is H. & I blog over at Sew Dysfunctional.
My husband's name is D. & we have two large puppies named Sky & Tank,
Together, we make up the Hopewells.
My little blog is filled with lots of  DIY projects and fun, everyday happenings that I like to call adventures.

I know Leslie from back in college, we actually started playing volleyball together and from there we became instant best friends! The things I love about Les is that she is such an incredible person. She has been there for me through the good and bad, the ugly and the pretty, the thick and the thin. Les is the very essence of loyalty and friendship and I honestly can say I do not know what I would do without her in my life. She's just simply wonderful!

This post was originally designed to talk about one of my favorite memories of Leslie; but when it comes down to it, I just can't pick one. Instead, I would like to share a few of the ones I actually have photos to prove particular events.
1st on the list would be the night we all slept over at my friend Richelle's and stayed up way too late and got up way too early. On top of that early morning exertion, we decided trampoline jumping was a good idea and taking photos of random trampoline jumping was an even better idea:
My next favorite member is the night we all went out to watch the boy's basketball team play at OUL and we snuck in to the art room and took pictures of the extra large bricks we found in the room (I would share why the bricks especially entertained us, but I'm afraid you just wouldn't understand)
My next favorite memory would be the time we all decided to go on a picnic but forgot everything important: eating utensils, condiments, and other necessary picnic supplies. It was so funny to me because it was so like us to forget everything, but also like us, it really didn't matter because it was time we got to spend together. (read more about it here)

Another memory I love about Leslie is that she always went along with our crazy ideas and antics and may or may not have created some of these chaotic adventures herself. The beauty of friendship is that one person never care how silly you look or act because that one person is typically doing all those crazy, silly things right along with you:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
When it comes down to it,
Community has always been such a huge part of my life. When I think about community, I think about Leslie and the 3 other special ladies who make up our little group.
Leslie helped make college some of the best years of my life and has been one of the biggest impacts that has made me into the person that I am today. Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I had never met Leslie, then I stop thinking about it because I know I probably wouldn't be in a good place.
She's never judged me or ridiculed me; Les is just a person filled with so much grace and love.
 She's been there for every milestone that I've celebrated and I've loved being a part of her own milestones.  I know no matter what happens now or in the future, she will always be there for me when I need her. (that even includes a little move to a place we call NC)
Basically, she's a friend to the core and I am one lucky little lady to have her in my life. 

Thank you Leslie for being the beautiful person you are and filling my life with so many wonderful memories!




1 comment: