Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

For Christmas, Chase bought me a book by Mindy Kaling. She writes for The Office as well as plays the role of Kelly Kapoor.
I love when Kelly has lines on the show, she plays more of a background character, but she is hilarious. She always has something ridiculous to say about a relationship, a new fad, or the latest diet.
If you have ever experienced being a girl...this book will crack you up.
If you have ever lived life with a girl... this book will confirm that yes we all have our silly tendencies.
If you have ever shook your head at a girl... this book will give you more reasons to tweet SMH.

Some of my fav topics of the book:
Growing apart from friends as time and interests change. Moving from middle to high school and then to college naturally separates friendships which is a sad but healthy transition.

Her parents were very busy and successful professionals but they never complained or mentioned stress they just did what they had to do with a positive attitude. Reading this I thought about all the times I've been asked how I am and my reply is "tired" or "busy" we've all said it before. How refreshing would it be to leave that negativity behind? To leave out the stress...everyone has it so why dwell on it?

I could relate to the issues she addressed while rolling on the floor laughing. Great Book!

2 comments:

  1. I love this book!! Jay and I listened to the audiobook (read by her) on the way to Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete