Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Yesterday, Chase indulged my cheesiness and watched New Year's Eve with me on the movies name sake. Of course, he hated it but tried not to crush my spirits about it. I liked it, yeah it had some cheesy lines and predictable plots but sometimes you need to embrace the mushy aspects of life. I love happy endings and chick flicks are notorious for making sure, no matter how improbable, a happy ending is delivered. And who wouldn't love a movie where Zac Efron is basically the hero of several plot lines? Lol! I'm totally kidding btw.

During the Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve with Ryan Seacrest, I stayed up past the ball drop enduring Blake Shelton and Nikki Minaj just to see a pregnant Beyonce preform. Seacrest announced, "And then a performance by Beyonce!" What else should I have expected other than pregnant Beyonce? I mean she's a Survivor, if anyone can do the NYC ball drop when their baby is about to, it's her.
However, they showed a special tribute video never before seen from a concert in England. Beyonce had no Baby Bump, no pregnancy pants, no fluffy face. I wasn't disappointed with Beyonce because who would want to be out in the cold, on a stage, in the crowds of NYC while they were about to pop out a baby.
No! My fury was for Seacrest. You don't promise a superstar who's going through something so natural and down to earth and then present a mirage of her pre-pouch self.
So Ryan Seacrest... I suggest that you portray your performances more accurately. I'll forgive you this time, even though the world missed out on a once in a life time opportunity to see The Beyonce performing with child on the most exciting night of the year!

Chase and I enjoyed our last day of 2011. We're excited for what 2012 has in store. Hope you are too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment