Thursday, January 26, 2012

WORD UP!!

The word on the street is that New Year's Resolutions are out and picking a Word of the Year is in. In these fickle times with ever changing trends it becomes increasingly difficult to be on top of things. When it comes to hip fads I tend to go with the flow, you know...roll with it, so I jumped on this creative twist to making the most of the New Year.  The point is to pick a word or ask God to make a word glaringly obvious to you, so that throughout the year this word can inspire you and encourage you to grow and stretch yourself.  

The word compassion kept coming to my mind but I wasn't convinced.  I have a bad habit of treating people nice and looking good on the outside but not really loving from a sacrificial place or even an honest place.  I wanted my Word for 2012 to reflect my dependence on God and not my actions toward people.
Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 
              John 15: 9 and 10

ABIDE
Throughout the year, I want God to abide in me, 
directing my movements, writing my lines, creating the scenes instead of me trying to control it all.  
In turn, I want to abide in Him, 
listening to His director's notes, reading the script, and of course, enjoying the cast party.  



No comments:

Post a Comment