Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Big Advice on a Small Miracle

The other night, lying in bed, my heart constricted as an anxious feeling welled up inside of me.  What if I'm never ready to be a mom? What if I'm always too fussy, too nit picky, to insecure to decide it's time to take another human's life into our hands? While talking to a friend, I brought it up and she gave me some really good advice.
Accept your kids for who they are.  Don't try to force them into who or what you want them to be.  If they aren't an A student then they aren't an A student and that's OK. 
The child God creates and gives natural gifts and personality to will be miraculously better than the person I try to contrive into my "perfect" little mold.

For now I'll just have to practice on these too!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Good advice. It's almost amazing how naturally it comes to you. God's love for us isn't conditional, and being that He creates us to take after Him, your love for your child becomes something extra-ordinary. It's a perfect love that no one can ever TELL you about, but when you get there, you'll realize you love them perfectly already :) I was in the same boat and when Will was born, I instantly became proud of the baby he was, and he hadn't even done anything!!! You will be great parents. It's in you naturally and God will continue to develop that. (and, a dog is ALWAYS a great start!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it comes naturally once you have kids because I seriously feel like it will have to be an act of God!! You two have amazingly super cute kids. I wish I saw more of you all!!

      Delete
  2. OH LESLIE! I feel the same way. I am selfish and needy and I also am very impatient. I worry so much about the future and our future little ones. I worry about if I will love them enough or be patient with them or want to share Aaron.. but you are right. Practicing on your hubby and puppy are GOOD practice! Both require patience, and love, and acceptance and sharing! haha You will be a great mommy (whenever that will be! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone!! You'll be a great mama too...one day!!

      Delete