Thursday, September 1, 2011

XALT

"We Xist to Xalt God in all we do." This is the mission statement of the youth group my husband pastors. Every Wednesday night for the last year and eight months, I fall asleep totally amazed with God. I'm not sure how He does it every week but something outstanding always happens.  Whether its a new person coming who has a great time, an old friend rejoining us, a talk I have with someone about the week they've had, or just seeing how beautiful it is when a group of people worship Him together.  Sometimes, it takes a while for my busy brain to comprehend what God has done in someone's life or even my own.  Looking back it's amazing to see all of the growth that has happened in each persons' life and in our group as a whole. 
We love having talent shows, we've had three since last August.  Last night we had our third.  Each one is better than the last.  From dancing, singing, drawing, comedy, and drama we've seen so much talent and had a ton of fun sharing it with each other.  I love seeing everyone enjoy and encourage each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment