Monday, September 19, 2011

Fantastic Book

Finally all of my questions have been answered. I know about the Terrible Awful that Minny did to Hilly and that Stuart's ex fiance forget it I can't tell you that! You'll just have to read it yourself, or see the movie.

While reading The Help, I felt pulled into another time and culture that I have never experienced myself.  I'm very thankful that I haven't lived during a time where prejudices kept people from sharing life with one another. I don't think the world is perfect at acceptance and love but I think some amazing strides have been made since the sixties, which weren't that long ago. Of course, these shouldn't have been strides that needed to be made if everyone had been treated equally from the beginning.

I related most to Miss Skeeter, being a young lady myself.  I think we all have dreams as big as hers.  She wanted to do something beyond herself, bigger than a good career, a polished status, or a perfect boyfriend. Lacking some of those things hurt her and made life hard but she still did what she knew was right.  Life occasionally leaves us feeling secluded and rejected, The Help showed how several ladies feeling that same way came together and dealt with their feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment