Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Putt"ing on the Ritz

I enjoyed my last Saturday before school starts at the Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, NC.  A man from church gave my husband tickets to the golf championship. Definitely not something I would have chosen to do but it turned out to be a lot of fun. A main area was set up with tents for advertising which had activities to pass the time.  This is how you know a particular sport is too boring to watch. Baseball is another example, the pitching game is always set up and bounce houses for children.  You don't see "time passers" like this at football or hockey games. Anyway, we played a putting challenge which showed my putt putt practice hasn't paid off.

The culture was interesting...I've been to the country club in little ole' Circleville maybe once (as someone's guest) and this place was like 100 times more ritzy.  Everyone was wearing their sperry's, khaki shorts, and polo's, except a teenage boy who walked past us in bright green and yellow.  He almost distracted the golfers with his loud outfit. While the golfer's are hitting it really is that quiet, 50 people may be all around you but you hear nothing.  I wish that kind of silence could happen in my classroom. Oh well!

If you ever have tickets offered to you...I say go for it.


2 comments:

  1. You could have borrowed my Sperry's! :) {I thrifted them for like $8}

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an awesome find. you seriously can't live down here without them.

    ReplyDelete