Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Salvation Is Here

This summer our Pastor decided to do a series called So You Think You Can Dance.  Each week is a different aspect of life that we have to "dance" with.  To make the series come to life we are integrating some actual praise dances into our worship time. 

How I came to be involved: 
I'm not a choreographer by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not even a great dancer but I love to dance and LOVE the show SYTYCD.  Also, one of the goals on my 25 things to do by 25 was to have more dance drama in our Xalt services. Even though this is for the main church congregation...I was stoked for the opportunity.  And who knows? Maybe this will light a fire for Xalt to have some more dance involved in the services for the upcoming year.  

25X25 Goal:
Some girls and I put together a little diddy for the Xalt talent show which mashed up the songs "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha and "Good Morning" by Mandisa.  The girls did an awesome job, sorry I haven't posted that. 

Back to the Point: 
More recently, to kick off our summer series I found a dance on youtube to the song Salvation Is Here.  We cut it down a few minutes to fit our schedule and the dancers did a tremendous job on our Praise Dance (click to see the video).

I really enjoyed getting back into rehearsing and just enjoying dance.  The dancers learned so quickly, had amazing attitudes, and allowed for our passion for dance and God to come together.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!!! I'm also a huge SYTYCD fan...who are your favorites so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...the quirky girl with the 20's style, the ballerina with white and pink hair, and Cyrus. What about you?

    ReplyDelete