Saturday, June 2, 2012

J's Graduation






20 years ago the girls my mom babysat and I sat by my mom singing "baby baby suck your thumb, you don't get no bubble gum." We sang this particular song because my baby brother's ultrasound showed him sucking his thumb. A week ago, I watched him graduate from high school. I can't believe how the time passes.


Most of his high school career I've lived in a different state so I've missed out on some things I wish I could have been there for: cross country and track meets, dances, and your everyday game nights or family dinners. On the other hand, we've stayed fairly consistent at talking to each other on Thursday nights, I attended his eagle scout ceremony, and it even worked out for us to go to his senior award banquet for cross country. The times I come home or they visit we always make the most of it and have a blast.


Last summer, we drove up to VA to meet my fam during their mission trip.



I will always cherish the period of time after I graduated from OCU and November when Chase and I got married because it was just J and I at home. We hadn't experienced this before. I enjoyed getting to know the teenager my little bro had become while I was at college. During those four years, he had gone from an elementary school-er to a high school-er. That's a pretty huge difference. Living with him again, showed me how fun-loving and sweet he still was. After another three years it's crazy to think he has grown, matured, and developed even more into an amazing young man full of great potential. I'm excited for the future God has planned for Him and hold dear the moments we've shared throughout the years!



2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for Jeremy and I'm absolutely loving your dress and Andrea's dress- they are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete