Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Dark Knight does Charlotte

Last night, Chase and I went with some friends to see the prologue for the new Batman movie coming out, The Dark Knight Rises. We watched it in an IMAX dome theater in Charlotte at 10:00 and did I mention it only lasted SIX minutes. You might think it's kinda crazy to drive an hour to see a six minute preview but I'm pretty sure with Chase this is a deal breaker.

The previous movie, The Dark Knight was an amazing movie. During it Batman really evolves into a self sacrificing hero. The surprises throughout the movie along with the great acting of Heath Ledger as the Joker combine to make an epic action packed superhero movie.

The new prologue left me a little disappointed because TDK prologue was so clever and had great lines delivered by The Joker. There is a lot I don't know about the new characters so I think once I see the whole movie it will all come together. Plus you should never underestimate Christopher Nolan especially with a task as important as the conclusion of his Batman trilogy.

I recommend seeing Batman Begins and TDK before this summer so you can join us for TDKR opening night at midnight in full Batman dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment