Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Better Run! Better Run!

Since I have lived away from home the last few years, I haven't been able to cheer for my brother at sporting events and different things that I had always been there for while I lived at home.  This past weekend, it worked out perfectly that my brother had a cross country meet while I was home visiting .  This cross country meet was especially important because it was the last one of the regular season and it's his senior year. I have a respect for runners because I think it is terribly difficult and I just don't have the mental toughness for it.  Over the past few years, I've heard about Jeremy working hard for his running goals and improving as a runner.  I felt so proud to be able to actually see him and cheer him on!! He inspires me to set goals and work hard to achieve them while having a ton of fun throughout the journey.



It is so exciting to see the young man he has become but don't worry I'll never forget that curly headed little boy.  I leave you with a few of my fondest memories:
  • "Breadsticks for breadsticks" 
  • cutting money so he would have more 
  • bike rides around town
  • standing up for his friend during the church camp talent show then not skipping a beat before telling a silly joke

2 comments: