Sunday, December 16, 2012

Driver Fail


In a matter of a week I had a few ridiculous car experiences. Some might call them mishaps or accidents but I prefer experiences. 

One morning I stopped by subway to get my lunch for a field trip.  Although the sign said they opened at 7 A.M. the inside was completely dark when I arrived around 6:55. I thought if I got there a little early whoever was opening would have things ready and be able to take my order so I wouldn't risk being late for work but that wasn't the case. After deciding to wait until 7:03 I sat back in my car listening to my morning pick-me-up K-LOVE. 

Two minutes went by and a car zoomed into the parking lot to park their car nose to nose with mine. As she exited her car, I recognized her green subway shirt so I got out to ask her if it would take long to set up the food. Mid sentence she starts interrupting me with wild hand flails. Finally I realize she's trying to tell me my car is drifting towards her front end. 

Frantic I stick half a leg in to try to slam on the brake as my head is looking at her shouting OMG I'm so sorry and crazy. Ahhhhh how did I do this?! My foot found the brake petal simultaneously to my bumper finding her bumper. Luckily ole' CiCi the Civic hadn't picked up enough speed to do any damage. I guess, sitting there I never put my car in Park, and apparently thought I did. Ugh!! 

If that wasn't bad enough now I had to walk into Subway with the girl and order my sub. Talk about awkward. She kept apologizing for being late. I gushed apologizes for hitting her car. Our conversation pretty much went back and forth like that until I was out the door. What a way to start the morning?! 

Driver Fail Part Two later this week...come by again for confirmation that you're not the only goofball out there. 


2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Thank you for the comic relief. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!! so ridic! I love you too! Merry Christmas!

      Delete